Just like some other anibloggers out there, after the recent news going on in the United States, on Election Day and the post-Election Day, there has been some controversy on the votes and many voters of Trump and Hillary are waging in a violent battle. Just like the American Civil War, there has been an increase of violence and hate towards each other based on beliefs, ethnicity and race. This is hate has gone too far and it’s up to us to stand up against this hate. This is battle in which we shouldn’t be against each other.
After receiving a message from Kauses from Otaku Gamer Zone (OGZ), other bloggers including myself have gathered together for a special project in which we can use our skills of writing to spread the awareness of our humanity with anime/manga and real life situations.
Who are we?
We are the Otaku Warriors for Liberty and Self-Respect (OWLS)! And we are a group of otaku bloggers who believe that all individuals – regardless of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and disability – are human, should be respected as such, and deserve love.
As part of the OWLS, it’s our duties to spread awareness. It’s our job to write and create special blog posts in which we tackle in some social issues that needs attention. There will be posted monthly and it will be provided by the members themselves. It’s not required but it would be nice to see some participation.
Want to join? Follow these guidelines (I got this from Crimson613):
- Must be an otaku blogger or vlogger/content creator (I mean, we do need you to have a place for others to stop at, right?)
- Must be passionate about our cause!
- Must participate in blog tours (again, you don’t have to participate in all of them, but we do need you to be active ^^)
- Be respectful. We are spreading awareness, respect, and love for all individuals. So it would follow that being respectful to our group mates and readers is a given. Please don’t use derogatory comments or belittle the groups we are fighting for
- Be an active member. We understand if you can’t join all our blog tours, but please put in the effort to join as many as you can and spread the word. You are joining OWLS for a reason, right?
- Be responsible. Blog tours require quite a bit of planning and advertising. If you can’t make a deadline, inform our secretaries Arria Cross and/or Crimson ASAP. We do have a “3 strikes you’re out” policy
- Have fun. As much as we want to spread awareness and love, we are blogging because we love it. Be passionate, proud, and “Free to be ME!”
So far, here is the team and the members:
- President: Katrina Sade (Grimmgirl)
- Vice President: Kausus (Otaku Gamer Zone)
- Secretary: Arria Cross (Fujinsei)
- Co-secretary: Crimson613 (Crimson Blogs)
- Chief Creative Officer: Lyn (Just Something About LynLyn)
- Members Review & Disciplinary Committee Officer: Pink-chan (Pinky’s Palace)
- Members Review & Disciplinary Committee Officer: Venus (Japanime Talks)
- Public Relations Officer: Naja B. (Nice Job Breaking It, Hero)
- Lita (LitaKino Anime Corner)
- Matthew (Matt-in-the-Hat)
- Shay (Anime Reviewer Girl)
- Takuto (Takuto’s Anime Cafe)
- Stephanie Clarke (Anime Girls NYC)
- Hazelyn (Archi-Anime)
- Rai (Rai’s Anime Blog)
- Remy Fool (The Lily Garden)
- Steph (Two Happy Cats)
- Eren (Sakuradaisuki)
January Blog Tour
“To disrupt” has a negative denotation, but rather than looking at the verb in a negative light, we are going to use the verb in a positive way. It’s like the word “protest” which has positive and negative connotations depending on the perspective of the person.
Disruptors: An individual or a group disturbing a system or social norms/conventions that they believe is destroying what is morally right.
- Matthew Castillo: Jan 2nd – Bleach
- Katrina Sade: Jan 6th – Naruto
- Venus: Jan 9th – Claymore
- Arria Cross: Jan 13th – Mobile Suit Gundam 00
- LynLyn: Jan 16th – Ouran High School Host Club
- Crimson613: Jan 20th – Erased
- Naja B.: Jan 23th – Cowboy Bebop
- Pink-chan: Jan 25th – Psycho Pass
- Takuto: Jan 27th – Kiznaiver
- Lita: Jan 30th – Samurai Seven
February Blog Tour
Yuri on Ice “Flight” Blog Tour
An individual takes flight when there is a goal, a dream, or an ambition that he or she wants to achieve. However, for this blog tour, we are going to look at “flight” in different lenses: the underdog’s dream, the possibilities that Yuri on Ice allows viewers to think about, and also the dangers of greed and ignorance that can influence one’s dream.
- Arria Cross (Fujinsei) – Feb 3rd
- Remy Fool (The Lily Garden) -Feb 6th
- Rai (Rai’s Anime Blog) – Feb 8th
- Steph (Two Happy Cats) – Feb 10th
- Pink-chan (Pinky’s Palace) – Feb 13th
- Katrina Sade (Grimmgirl) – Feb 15th
- Venus (Japanime Talks) – Feb 17th
- Naja B. (Nice Job Breaking It, Hero) – Feb 20rd
- Stephanie Clarke (Anime Girls NYC) – Feb 22th
- Hazelyn (Archi-Anime) – Feb 24th
- Takuto (Takuto’s Anime Cafe) – Feb 27th
March Blog Tour
A sanctuary is a place of safety and stability. In anime, there are several different places and environments that characters call “home”.
- Shay – Mar 1st (Ouran High School Host Club)
- Lita – Mar 3rd (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Matthew – Mar 6th (Sword Art Online)
- Takuto – Mar 8th (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- BeckNaja – Mar 10th (Haikyuu!!)
- Rai – Mar 13th (Love, Chuunibyou, and Other Delusions)
- Arria – Mar 15th (One Piece)
- Crimson – Mar 17th (Skip Beat)
- Stephanie Clark – Mar 18th (Watamote)
- LynLyn – Mar 20th (Princess Jellyfish)
- Venus – Mar 21th (Hunter x Hunter)
- Eren (sakuradaisuki) – Mar 22nd (Yuri on Ice)
- Hazelyn (heyitszel) – Mar 24th (Fate/Stay Night: UBW)
- Steph (TwoHappyCats) – Mar 25th (Erased)
- Nick (nickburkhalter) – Mar 27th (Gundam Wing)
- Kat – Mar 29th (Ace of Diamond)
- Pink – Mar 31st (Fairy Tail)